Legacy Motors Presents FORUM 64
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Old 07-21-2018, 03:51 PM

Default More photos of Auto World 1964 Ford Station Wagon

Sure not easy using the upload to this site, and it results in no photo but a link. With Photobucket lost too corporate greed, I'm using Flickr, but, very complicated!

Anyway, this grumpy old man will just press on.

Old 07-21-2018, 04:11 PM

In spite of all of the extra work to post those images, your efforts are greatly appreciated. Some of the larger scale diecast models offer even greater detail, but for 1:64 scale, the Auto World models are some of the best. This 1964 Country Squire station wagon is available in black with wood grain siding, as seen on your example, and also available in red with wood grain siding as on my example. But I have also seen it in a pretty blue with wood grain siding as well as white with wood grain siding. A quick scan on eBay reveals that it is also available in Dark Brown, Silver, Maroon, Green, and an Ultra Red, all with wood grain siding. Other colors may also be available.

Keep up the good work, Grumpy Old Man.

Last edited by 56tbird; 07-21-2018 at 04:20 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:43 PM

Default Brilliant photos. Well done.

I really like the AW '64 Ford, they offer it in the Country Squire, convertible & hardtop. All are very nice.
I wasn't aware of the black wagon, I might need to find one of these.
Old 07-22-2018, 04:52 PM

Default Black wagon?

Take a closer look. Wagon is not black, its a dark maroon.
Old 07-22-2018, 05:02 PM

Sorry! It looks black on my monitor. I read 56tbird's post and assumed such. My bad.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:15 PM

"Sorry! It looks black on my monitor. I read 56tbird's post and assumed such. My bad."

It certainly looks black to me, as well. No, my bad. I may very well have misled JCarnutz and others with my listing of assumed available colors for the AW 1964 Country Squire station wagon, all taken from subjective observations of colors seen on eBay. Try it yourself. Scan the current offerings of the Auto World 1964 Ford Country Squire station wagon on eBay and see what colors appear to you. It all depends upon the sellers camera and white balance, the lighting used, your monitor, and your own perception of color. The available dark brown and maroon models can appear to be black to some.

These colors can be very deceiving, especially when looking at and purchasing models on line. For example, I have in my collection a Racing Champions 1956 Thunderbird (what else?), purchased from a seller who listed it as white. When I received it, it certainly looked white to me, until I placed it next to another Racing Champions 1956 Thunderbird which is a true pearly white color. Then this new model exhibited a beautiful (pale) lavender hue. Taken by itself, it appears white, but when placed next to any pure white object it takes on the beautiful lavender hue. It has become my very favorite 1956 Thunderbird. Very subtle, but slightly different.