Legacy Motors Presents FORUM 64
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Old 12-05-2015, 06:56 PM

Default Kits from Alloy Forms Inc.

I was just posting on Forum 43, the place where I normally hang out, and then the subject I was posting seemed it might interest someone here.

Way back in 1984, Alloy Forms produced their one and only 1:43 model, a very fine 1949 DeSoto sedan that still holds up well. Today mine arrived in the mail, and I have been doing a little research on it.

Surprise. Alloy Forms is still in business, a part of Scale Structures (SS) Limited, and still producing white metal cars. It seems that these are in kit form and are 1:87 in scale for use as railroad models. One of these kits is for a 1949 DeSoto sedan, much like the one from 1984 that I purchased today. At the Alloy Forms/SS Ltd. site that I found through Google, I saw other kits of American cars, mostly from the 1950's. Of note was a '53 Chevy.

Just thought someone here might be interested. Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3322.jpg (33.9 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by David Holcombe; 12-05-2015 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Correcting my grammatical errors. Sorry.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:16 AM

"Just thought someone here might be interested."

By all means. I just checked out their website. Thank you for posting that. I had never heard of them before, but am always searching for new and different manufacturers of diecast models. Too bad they only make 1:43 and 1:87 scale models; I would love to see some of them in 1:64 scale. Thanks for sharing.