Legacy Motors Presents FORUM 64
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Old 11-21-2010, 04:13 AM

Smile I'm Bruce from Wellington, New Zealand.

G'day

I collect cars of all types in 1/64.
American profile - road cars, customs, hot rods, drag cars, NASCAR, muscle cars and so on. Also, cars that are native to Europe, Japan, the United Kingdom and Australia. European and Australian Touring Cars. I don't follow any particular brand of models; just whoever produces models that appeal to me that fit in with my collecting parameters

I used to collect models in 1/43, but eight years ago I sold all my models in this scale in favour of 1/64. There are a much greater variety of model cars in 1/64 that I can enjoy and not have to sacrifice quality or detail.
Price and space were also important considerations as well. But like collections of most things model cars can easily get away on you regardless of scale.

I buy models produced by anybody and have no liking for one brand name over another. It is seldom that I will buy commercial vehicles - trucks, pick-ups, even car based pick-ups. I have to collect this way other wise Iíll go broke and have no where to live.

I also collect a few models in 1/87 to fit in with my HO model railway layout. I model the Seaboard Air Line running on the West Coast of Florida during the late 1940ís

Oh, in case you havnít noticed by now, I also talk a lot - thatís an affliction not a hobby though and is almost as incurable as collecting model cars.

Cheers & best wishes.
Bruce
Old 11-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Administrator

Hey Bruce..........................

Welcome to Forum 64.........................

Looking forward to seeing some of your collection......................

Lee

Old 11-21-2010, 08:32 PM

Thank you, Lee, for the welcome.
It's nice to be here.

I'm trying to figure out posting pix right now with the help of the FAQ section.
I think I will start with my small A.C.D models and some other old timers I have collected in 1/64

I like the pix of models shown on this site especially the diorama's

Cheers
Bruce
Old 11-22-2010, 03:36 AM
Super Moderator

Firstly welcome aboard Bruce.

And thanks for the positive feedback regarding this site.