Legacy Motors Presents FORUM 64
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Old 10-10-2009, 06:15 AM

Smile Site Guidelines??

Lee/Chris,

Am I missing something somewhere? Does the site have a "mission statement somewhere"?

1/43 site is pretty much only 1/43 is that going to be the same here? Is the coverage to be "strictly 1/64" or are the smaller scales going to creep in too? I have some 1/64 - mainly outline US stuff - but as some of you know my interests focus more on 1/76, 1/72 & 1/87 (as well as 1/43 of course).

Just need a steer on what the moderators are expecting in terms of contributions.

Maz
Old 10-10-2009, 08:24 AM
Administrator

Hi Maz,

Thanks for stopping by...............
I can't speak for Chris,although I know that he has brought up the same questions as you.
Yes it's a 1/64 forum.................at least in name's sake.
But as far as I know there have been no absolutes put on us............

So as far as this is concerned,I guess it's just,"lets all enter the waters and see what happens."

Again,thanks for your interest.......................

Lee
Old 10-10-2009, 12:09 PM

I'm just going to offer my two cents....

We should stick to 1/64 as much as possible. If not, why choose a scale for the name of the forum? Why not call it Small Scale or something like that? Nothing against having a few smaller cars join the fray now and then, but I'd hate for this forum to become a hodge podge of scales and real 1:1 cars and stuff like that like so many do. That is the one thing I admire about the 1/43 forum. They really stick to their hobby.

Most of the forums out there for 1/64 stick to 1/64.

Again, gang, just my own thoughts. Thanks for letting me express them.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Administrator

How about getting some feedback on this topic from everyone????
Old 10-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

If it is to be only 1:64th scale then can we include Hot Wheels and Matchbox Miniatures?

The reason I ask is that most of their releases are to a scale that fits into a standard blister pack! If we go back further MB issued their models in boxes and they used a limited number of box sizes and they stuck a certain model in the box that fitted!

True to scale 1:64th models are a recent addition to the world of collecting. Taking Autoart, Kyosho, Minichamps and Norev as examples they have only been around for a few years.

Cheers Chris
Old 10-10-2009, 08:42 PM

Speaking just for me, if this site becomes full of Hotwheels then I will have no interest in visiting. I have 1522 1/64 scale cars and only 17 of them are Hotwheels. When Toy Cars and Models magazine was still in publication, it used to devote many, many pages to Hotwheels which were of no interest to me. There are several sites that are devoted to Hotwheels collecting so I don't think the folks who collect Hotwheels are being neglected if they're not included here. JMO
Old 10-10-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jackman View Post
Speaking just for me, if this site becomes full of Hotwheels then I will have no interest in visiting. I have 1522 1/64 scale cars and only 17 of them are Hotwheels. When Toy Cars and Models magazine was still in publication, it used to devote many, many pages to Hotwheels which were of no interest to me. There are several sites that are devoted to Hotwheels collecting so I don't think the folks who collect Hotwheels are being neglected if they're not included here. JMO
Bob,

I love Hot Wheels, but that isn't all I collect. I have a bit of everything. I think what we want to see is mainly 1/64 or similar scale that is accepted as 1/64. It really doesn't matter what brand it is.

I gravitate to Jada but love Hot Wheels too as well as anything that strikes my fancy or budget-minded wallet.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:14 PM
Administrator

Great replies folks....................

Keep the comments coming.................

We need input from everyone.............

Thanks all..................

Lee

Old 10-11-2009, 03:16 PM

Had not read this post until AFTER I made two posts consisting of Hot Wheels models.

My take on this is that all brands that have diecast offerings that are close enough in nature to a 1/64 scale or thereabout should be included in this forum. I would not want to see any one or two brands dominate the board as then the forum would be known as such, and fit into a specialized category.

The main reason why I started collecting smaller cars was the diversity offered by the many different brands. They all have merit. Some people are more partial to one brand or another, and that is fine, as long as other brands are able to be represented here as well. People do vote their preferences by their responses to posts, or their lack thereof.

In time, with an openess to what is posted, the forum will estabish itself and develop a character and personality of its own.

Last edited by Nitromethane; 10-11-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:41 PM

Default I would think it would be hard to ignore Hot Wheels.

I think it would be hard to ignore HotWheels in a 1/64 forum. There are plenty of other names out there (Matchbox, JL, Jada Autoart, Carisma, etc) that have given us some great models. But let's not forget some of the fine work HW has done over the years with its Collector Sets! For a long time I have considered the HW '65 Shelby roadster from the set to be the high water mark for detail and execution in a factory-produced 1/64. I'd like it if we made room for all of the '1/64' models as topics for discussion, including HotWheels.