Legacy Motors Presents FORUM 64
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Old 08-15-2010, 08:19 AM

Default New member here

Hi all,
Not really a 1:64 collector, I have not bought any in years. What i did do was discover a box of past buys and my interest has been piqued. Fighting the urge to run to TRU and see whats what
Found this place because of Chris. I know him from another board.

Here are a couple of my cars.

Last edited by JSB33; 08-15-2010 at 08:48 AM.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:11 AM

Welcome to Forum 64, JSB. Great shots and little cars, BTW. What are you using as a background? Very effective diorama shots.

Now that the bug has bitten you once again, go ahead and give in and take a trip to TRU, Target and Wal-Mart K-Mart, etc. That's what makes collecting 1/64 so much fun. You can still enjoy going to a store and finding a little treasure right there at your fingertips. You don't have to spend $150 for a model and wait for UPS to deliver it to your door.

And I hope you continue to share your photos and dioramas with us here at Forum 64.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:27 AM

Hi Patty, thanks for the welcome.

The background is a diorama I made for my 1:43 cars.
I made one race track and one mountain road and am about to start on a repair shop. I got tired of using a plain backdrop.

Pretty heavy into 1:43, 1:24 and 1:18 in the past and their prices drove me to 1:43.

Time will tell if I start buying anymore 1:64s but in the meantime, I snapped pics of a bunch of them.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to Forum64 JSB33.

I agree with Impala Patty that it is easy to access small scale toy cars because they are in your local toy store. Genuine true scale 1:64th scale models are harder to come by certainly here in the UK.

You have put that background to good use. They certainly look the part displayed in this race car diorama.

Thanks for posting and I am sure you have given us another idea for taking photos.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:39 PM

Thanks for the welcome, Chris.