Legacy Motors Presents FORUM 64
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Old 06-04-2016, 02:06 AM

Default Do you have to sneak models home?

After 48 years, my wife long ago gave up on monitoring my new arrivals.Many years ago a friend was moving out of state, and offered me his collection of 1950's and 1960's full size auto brochures he had collected over the years.

My wife told me DONT BRING HOME A LOT OF STUFF!

Well, such neat free stuff, loaded up my 62 Chevy Nova, and drove home. Unfortunately, my wife is quite observant, and and noticed the poor Novas rear was quire low to the ground. Busted by lousy springs! Oh well, my find was well worth the cool reception!

Have you gotten into trouble or had to sneak things in?

Last edited by mcjbob; 06-04-2016 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-04-2016, 02:36 PM

I'm happy to say that I do not have that problem. Several years ago my wife told me that I had to choose - it was either the car collection or her. I still miss the old girl at times.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:50 AM

Not so much the diecast cars.It's the guitars and amplifiers that create a problem.Can't fit them into my pocket as easily as a 3 inch car.