Legacy Motors Presents FORUM 64
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Old 11-08-2011, 09:05 PM

New here so read the above with interest. I have no problem with sticking to 1:64 as that is my main interest, although I do have other scales, but room and budget pretty well dictate I stick with the smaller scale(s). I noticed one of the 'new' topics was for an all scale forum/thread. That would seem like a good solution. Devote the Forum to 1:64, but allow one thread for other scales and keep them to that one avenue of discussion. That way, if anyone is interested in other scales they can read what's new there and if someone has no interest in other scales they can just avoid the one thread and have the whole rest of the forum to explore. Just my newbie two cents for what what it's worth. Oh, I got change back!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:37 PM

I've posted off-scale pics in the off topic forum.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Larsen View Post
I think it would be hard to ignore HotWheels in a 1/64 forum. There are plenty of other names out there (Matchbox, JL, Jada Autoart, Carisma, etc) that have given us some great models. But let's not forget some of the fine work HW has done over the years with its Collector Sets! For a long time I have considered the HW '65 Shelby roadster from the set to be the high water mark for detail and execution in a factory-produced 1/64. I'd like it if we made room for all of the '1/64' models as topics for discussion, including HotWheels.
I am not a real fan of hotwheels,except for the more realistic 100% series and the collector sets.The rest seem too toylike.
My collection is M2,JL,and the others mentioned above.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:33 PM

Just revisited this thread after a long gap in time. After now having more experience with the Forum, I think it works pretty well the way it is. I like the fact that each brand has its own thread, there are crossovers where any brand may appear in response and I can go to the all scale thread if I think I have something for there that others may find interesting or, in reverse, I find other responses there that I find of interest. JMHO