Legacy Motors Presents FORUM 64
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Go Back   Diecast Forums Forum 64 Diecast Zone > Diecast Forums > 1/64 Scale Models

Old 08-22-2017, 06:39 PM

Default Auto World 1/64 1969 Chevy Kingswood Station Wagon

I really like station wagons, nice to obtain this wagon by Auto World.

Old 08-23-2017, 10:52 AM

Like you, I really like station wagons, yet another example of a bygone era in American culture. I have many examples of station wagons in my diecast collection, including numerous Chevy Nomads, a few beautiful big Buick Estate Wagons and Sport Wagons, and numerous Ford and Mercury woodies. I also have this same AW 1969 Chevy Kingswood station wagon, in green and wood grain color, plus a Johnny Lightning 1973 Caprice station wagon, in yellow and wood grain color. Interestingly, I consider this 1969 Chevy Kingswood station wagon to be a modern, rather than an old classic car; I actually owned a real one myself some years ago, as the family car and not a collector car. Beautiful car, and thanks once again for sharing.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:32 PM

Default 1/1 Station Wagons

I've always liked station wagons and sedan deliveries, but my family never had any wagons. My first company car was a brand new 62 Chevy II station wagon. Liked the Chevy II so much, I bought several 2 door hardtops and a convertible but never got a Chevy II wagon of my own.

Our first new car was a 73 Pinto Squire Wagon. Loved that car, Stop here! All you have heard about Pintos is wrong. The wagon was a different car, different design, not a gas tank issue. I sold it after 180,000 near trouble free miles, and have regretted selling it ever since. A Pinto Squire wagon just sold at one of the Monterey auctions for....TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND BUCKS! I talked to Donald Osborn Monday at a book signing, and he said the car was immaculate and worth the bucks. Just remember how many people laughed at VW Buses, and now, at $100,000 laughter has stopped.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjbob View Post
I've always liked station wagons and sedan deliveries, but my family never had any wagons. My first company car was a brand new 62 Chevy II station wagon. Liked the Chevy II so much, I bought several 2 door hardtops and a convertible but never got a Chevy II wagon of my own.

Our first new car was a 73 Pinto Squire Wagon. Loved that car, Stop here! All you have heard about Pintos is wrong. The wagon was a different car, different design, not a gas tank issue. I sold it after 180,000 near trouble free miles, and have regretted selling it ever since. A Pinto Squire wagon just sold at one of the Monterey auctions for....TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND BUCKS! I talked to Donald Osborn Monday at a book signing, and he said the car was immaculate and worth the bucks. Just remember how many people laughed at VW Buses, and now, at $100,000 laughter has stopped.
How often I wished there had been a '68 Chevy 2 door wagon. Your post brought back many memories of other cars,as well. In 1969 our company replaced the entire fleet of '68 Impalas with "69 Chevy Novas.All were dark gold with black vinyl tops and interior. Pintos were another favorite of mine In the early 80's,a pinto in good condition could be had for $400.These were always my choice for a spare car to save wear and tear on my Eldorado.My first wagon was a '65 Country squire with a 352,4 barrel,and duals. I bought it in 1972,from a friend that found it stored in his sister's garage. It only had 30 K original miles.She had gotten divorced,bought a Cadillac,and stored it,and forgot it.Only problem was that all the rubber had dry rotted.The first few days of driving brought this to light.Hose and belt failures,and tire blowouts ! After that it served me well for many years.
Thanks for the memories.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:42 AM

Default My 1/1 Station Wagon

My collection really has no limits, diecast, plastic, cars, boats, trains, and 1/1 cars.

Shown here is one of my station wagons. Its a 1977 Ford Pinto Squire Statuon Wagon, all original, 26,000 miles. Its a 4 speed, Pinto automatics were not that great.

Last edited by mcjbob; 08-25-2017 at 12:44 AM.
Old 08-27-2017, 10:39 PM

That's a fantastic looking Squire wagon. I had a '74 and loved it.