Legacy Motors Presents FORUM 64
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Old 07-20-2018, 12:37 PM

Default Auto World 1964 Ford Wagon

Its been real quiet here, and with TRU closing, very quiet outside too.

Prior to TRU closing, I did manage to get this Auto World 1964 Ford wagon. Very nice model!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0698.JPG (96.5 KB, 10 views)
Old 07-20-2018, 01:32 PM

Quiet hardly describes the level of activity here. The sound of the crickets is deafening. I am as guilty as most, though, as I have not posted here in many months, and still have not learned how to post pictures. It is not from lack of interest, though, as I maintain a high interest in the hobby, and 1:64 scale diecast, in particular.

The Auto World 1964 Fords are indeed nice models, and are available in several different styles. I include in my collection a light blue Galaxy 500 XL 2 door hardtop, a red convertible (DN) Galaxy 500 XL with black top, and a red with wood grain siding Country Squire station wagon, like the one you posted. AW does a particularly nice job with detail on this small scale.

Please excuse a dumb question, but what is 'TRU'?
Old 07-20-2018, 01:46 PM

Default TRU and photos

1. TRU, Toys R Us, a huge US toy store, bankrupt and closed all US stores. Sad, as ourTarget and Walmart have dismal stocks of diecast, from slim to none.

2. Posting photos. Sad also is that this site has the worst method of posting photos of any site I belong to. In the old days before Photobucket raised their rate from FREE to $600, yes, SIX HNDRED dollars per year, and CUT links to all prior posted phoots unluss you paid. Now, its very difficult to post here.

I use Flickr, but its a time consuming process where you have to edit size of photo first, load photos to them, then try to figure out the link code. I use Facebook frequently, and all you do is add photo. It allows you to upload, and they edit size.

Here, yo can upload photos, but size resrictions apply. And here, if you upload here, yiu photodoes not show, it display as a link only.

I joined late when membership here was in a severe decline, so dont know what has nearly killed it off. Cant be just the photos, as Photobucket was still working when member count dropped.

Anyway, still enjoy posting, even to a near empty room.
Old 07-20-2018, 03:07 PM

Toys 'R Us! Geez, I feel like an idiot. But for the life of me, I could not think what 'TRU' in the context of diecast cars could possibly be. They say there are no dumb questions, but sometimes I push the envelope.

Even if I could master the art of posting photos with all of the limitations you list, without having a digital camera or any photos to post, it would prove futile for me. And at my present age (69), I am not looking for any new hobbies to compete for my time and money. Thank goodness we have you posting such nice images of the models in your collection.

I have asked this question here before and had no responses, but I am a glutten for punishment so I will try again. I love the Fords from the 50's and 60's, and tend to have many examples of each year in my 1:64 collection. Yet I have never seen any model, by any manufacturer, of the 1952 Ford or the 1954 Ford (there are many others that I can't find, but we will start with these two). Can anyone here refer me to any 1:64 scale diecast models of either the 1952 Ford or the 1954 Ford passenger cars? I would be most appreciative for any information.
Old 07-20-2018, 03:35 PM

Default 1952 and 1954 Fords absent in 1/64

Sorry, but I dont know of any 1952 or 1954 Fords in 1/64 ther than trucks and panel vans. The only small scale 1954 Fords I know of are plastic, slighlty larger than 1/64 and were free in Grape Nuts Flakes in 1954. considering they were free, and were made 64 years ago, they were quite nice. They made a convertible, 2 door station wagon, TBird (It had the prototype 1955 Ford side trim), a 4 door sedan, 2 door hardtop and 2 door sedan. Made by F&F. As they are, they are fairly common. Check eBay for what they look like.

59? Young kid! Not saying how old I am, but past 70.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:38 PM

Ahhh, my friend. You are too kind. You took ten years off my age with the simple stroke of a keyboard. I said 69 years old, not 59. No matter. You are only as old as you feel. And at 69, I am catching up with you.

If my memory serves me correctly, you mentioned the F&F 1954 plastic Ford premiums, offered in the Grape Nuts Flakes cereal, the last time I asked this question, and I greatly appreciate your input. However, I have been spoiled by the quality of metal diecast models like the M2 Castline 1953 Ford Crestliner, and also the models of the 1951 Crestliner by the same manufacturer. They are truly beautiful and detailed models, and I was hoping to find something approximating their quality for the 1952 and 1954 Fords. Maybe one day someone will make them.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:40 PM

Default Well, It is good to see some activity here...

I come by occasionally to see if anyone has woken up yet, LOL! Usually not unfortunately.
How is everyone? I hope everyone is well.
I am as guilty as everyone else by not posting anything. I keep busy on the other boards with models of other scales. I do have some new photos of my AW 1970 Impala, a recent addition to my collection. Also a few others I need to get photos pulled together...

It was sad to see TRU finally close, but to be honest I haven't been in one much in a while. Here in Michigan, the stores had limited selections, very messy upkeep and never any staff working for years now. I moved on to the internet, and almost everything I buy is from that source for quite some time.

Nice photos of the '64 Ford Country Squire. It is a nice model. I have one in red & another in white.