Legacy Motors Presents FORUM 64
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Go Back   Diecast Forums Forum 64 Diecast Zone > Diecast Forums > Off Topic

Old 04-14-2014, 11:33 AM

Well as an outsider let me put my unasked for and probably unwanted opinion in here and rate the Forums here:

Forum 1:18 scale - friendly, all welcome, following current trends.
Forum 1:24 scale - friendly but still stuck UP in the "Mints".
Forum 1:43 scale - stuck up, 1:43 is the only collectible, every other scale are toys.
Forum 1:64 scale - apparently verging on death. Maybe, like me others will be Driven to 1:64 by lack of new mold products in the bigger scales, display room, and price; not for love of the 64 scale. I can't see much detail on a model that small. Not the model, my eyes; I prefer a little more clear detail. Hence, my love of 1:18 but the space to display properly is too much. I guess I have to admit 1:24 is the best size all around except price, size to display good, detail good, but I personally still prefer 1:18, more substantial in the hand. 1:43 is the best size for display but too small for the details to really show, and they are quite expensive.

So here I am, where is everybody else?

I must point out; I bought 5 new [to me] 64 cars yesterday, 84 red SVO, 63 red Galaxie, 66 El Camino, 93 Ford Lighting, Dodge Viper. The price of these are the same prices I paid for 18th cars back around 2000.

Then there is the Lounge which over the past few years has changed to become a multi-transportation and story, discussion center for ALL, hub. Very friendly, very knowledgeable, sorta like the "Hotel California; you can check out , but you can never leave".

All this just the ravings of an old fool; took a long time to go from a WISEass kid to the old FOOL I am, by today's standards that is. But life be good.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Brush,

First off it is nice to see an opinion here........................

The Forum 64 has struggled since it's inception.........

There are various reasons,most are well known if you read the other mentioned forums on trying to get in here.................
I never saw the problem of re-registering,even with the same name and password as in the other DC4 Forums..................

We have over 3000 members but 2950 have never posted or have just joined to throw up some kind of spam.....................

I don't know..............I'm here every day to check for new guys wanting to join, everyone who signs up has to be approved by a mod,also to check for post activity and to sometimes make a post.

Hey Brush thanks for coming in and brushing aside some of the cobwebs here and creating some activity.................

Lee

Old 04-15-2014, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Barr View Post
Chris quit being such a crybaby..................

For a guy that shows up here a couple of time a year you have nothing to say...
Well Lee we both know that Legacy should have pulled the plug at least two or even three years ago. Evidence: We had a one year eight month gap in traffic for someone to post a new topic in this section of the Forum! And an eight month gap in the Vintage section!

I do show up more than twice a year but only log in if there is anything worth replying to.

Like I said will it be worth the wait to find out the fate of Forum 64 with the new owners?

You never know! And the new owners have said that there will be a give-a-way here too so be prepared for an onslaught of posts!
Old 04-15-2014, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr_5155 View Post
Glad to see that you guys are still here,and there is a new member.I check in everyday hoping for new and old members.I don't always post,but I appreciate those that do.
Thanks for your comments gtr_5155.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Sweetman View Post
Thanks for your comments gtr_5155.
You are quite welcome,Chris. I'm always here...lurking in the shadows.I do not post pictures as much as I would like,as I do not use an outside picture host.I am just exercising my voyeuristic privileges as provided by this site. LOL
Old 05-28-2014, 10:08 PM

The lifeblood of any forum or site is the ACTIVE members who POST.
I'm new here but not new to diecast.
I have been a member of many diecast sites over the years.
Bottom line - it is the members that make a site successful.
I know Lee from elsewhere and had contacted him about joining this site.
I went through some gyrations trying to join but eventually got all the issues resolved thanks to Lee.
I know some other very keen and active 1/64 scale diecast collectors.
Maybe I should try contacting one or two to see if they would like to join.
I happened to find this site by accident while searching for items related to diecast.
New members and new blood has the potential of making this site a destination rather than a non-entity.

Cheers. Cobra
Old 05-29-2014, 06:05 PM
Administrator

The lifeblood of any forum or site is the ACTIVE members who POST.

Very well said...................

I think that you know the old saying.....................

You can lead a horse to water,but you can't make him "post"

Gerry,look at the membership here,3700 and change..............
I would have to say that 90% have never put up the first post to say hello and introduce themselves or even come back to the forum,the date and time they joined was the last time they were here..........Go figure.......

There has to be another thousand or so that I had to ban,for their total reason for being here was to spam and sell their "wares" all kinds of weird stuff................lady's eatable underware,real estate,car parts,used cars the list is never ending..................

Gerry,I have been a mod here since Oct.2009..................they come and they go.............I'm here everyday rain or shine.............My smiling face (Cough Cough) is here from sun up til well past sun down..............

And believe me when I say this I appreciate EVERY ONE who comes in and puts up a post or starts a thread...........................

So as far as your offer.................Dude do what your heart tells you to do.

Thanks for being here and hope you stick around.......................

Happy Huntin'.................

Lee