Legacy Motors Presents FORUM 64
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Old 04-12-2014, 04:13 PM

Smile Now I feel special, I,m signed in.

Hi Folks,
Just dropped in to see what condition the hobby is in. lol. About my self:
Old retired gear head.
Started collecting in the 50s; WWII & Korean era ships and planes, plastic models, had quite a few.
Moved on to 1:24 - 1:25 cars in the late 50s and early 60s, AMT & Jo Han 3in1, got up to about 70 cars
Of course there was the .027 gauge trains in the early 50s and they were sold to build an HO lay out. 3 - 4x8 sheets of ply wood in the late 50s.
I CAN'T REMEMBER THE DETAILS OF WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THIS! I gave and or sold most to younger cousins, after years of storage, threw out most of the plastic boats & planes in a home move.
Wife, kids, 1:1 cars, job, home, etc., no collecting models of any kind 1964 to 2001 [retired].
I just [last summer & fall] sold 97 of my 1:18 diecast car collection and over the past few years gave away 96 of them, leaving me with 144 of them now. Along with 17 1:24, 2 1:32, AND 45 1:64 cars, 6 1:64 NASCAR, and 40 1:64 pick up trucks.
I generally limit my collecting to the cars I grew up with; Stock or super street stock American cars, 2 door, 1950 to 1971. Pick up trucks and scales other than 1:18 I have only been collecting for the past few years and because 1:18 is not making anything I am interested in the past few years.
Looks like 1:64 for me from now on, can't afford $100 per model any more and of course space is much easier to find.
Getting long winded here so I'll shut up now.
Thanks
Old 04-12-2014, 07:09 PM
Administrator

Hey Brush,

Welcome to Forum 64..................

If it were any slower here,we would be going backwards............

There are a few guys that check in every day to see if anything is going on.

If I can be of any help to you getting settled in give me a buzz on the PM.

Meanwhile kick off your shoes and look around lots of pics to see here and you might see some familiar names...............................

Lee

Old 04-15-2014, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

Hello Brush

A warm welcome to Forum 64. Personally I have never been into 1:18th or 1:24th scale. Because as a long term collector I have never had room for these larger scales. Still have some of my childhood collection of diecast cars - some of these go back 50 plus years! One needs to watch out with collecting the smaller scales (Matchbox/Hot Wheels) because they are easy to get hold of and start multiplying rapidly!